Friday, April 17, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up

What a week! We started with a successful field trip to The Candy Factory! The kids loved it... especially the chocolate covered oreos we were given!

In my current Master's class, I was talking with another third grade teacher from another district and she was telling me about Xtramath.org. It is similar to FASTT math, but it is a free program and something the kids can do at home. We played with it a little bit today. There is a letter in Friday Folders so the kids can log in at home and play, too. It mentions an iPad app, but when I checked out the app, it wasn't free, so I don't know that I recommend that when they can do it on a computer with internet access. I have set my class to last until August 15th so they will be able to access it and continue practicing over the summer! (I am probably more excited about that than most of them were...)

Speaking of math facts, because we can now practice addition through Xtra Math (and then subtraction when they've mastered addition), I've set all of us to move to multiplication in FASTT Math. We can still only do it at school, but it will be good practice. We have taken X0 and X1 facts off the test this week, so if you noticed a drop in your child's score, that probably has something to do with it.

Thank you for getting those Bethel park field trip notes returned! We can't do it without a lot of parent volunteers and students will not be allowed to walk to the park with us without a signed note. If you forgot, or your student forgot, I am sending home copies with students I am still missing it from. Please get it filled out and sent back in ASAP!

Specials next week will be media, PE, music, art, and media in that order.

Read below for Braden's summary of our week!

Have a wonderful weekend!


Dear families

This week we lrned about economics and some words like bank, goods, money, basic needs, wants, producer and  some more. We also lrned about weather and how a clowd is formed it is formed by little drops of water.

We finish the 39 clues and now we reding Tels of the forth grad nothing. In the fourth grad nothing Peter is fitting with his friend and fugue is the brother and he is tiring to fly. But he fols and noks out his 2 front teeth.

    Sinsely

Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review.